Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bike Ride from Fremont Bart to Foster City

This is my long bike ride to foster city from home. Basically I take BART from Fruitvale down to Fremont and then ride over. I have averaged 15 MPH so the ride takes 2 hours. Surprisingly this method is the same amount of time as riding BART up and over the bay, with the added benefit of double the riding time as well as being slightly cheaper.




For a while I looked for a good route over the Dumbarton bridge, the first I tried was from Union City BART, but I either ended up on the highway or got turned around and went the wrong direction because it is too complicated at the other end.

At the end you'll see that I have the path going over what appears to be nothing. There is actually something there, its a trail that takes you basically from Oracle to Edgewater Drive in Foster City. My ride avoids El Camino Real and is very flat.

I hope this helps anyone who is trying to find their way to work in Foster City via bike from the east bay.

No comments: